Happy New Year!
I love this time of new beginnings--where you inherently feel more optimistic (despite the fact that you may have over-indulged over the past few weeks :)).
The New Year brings a lightness, a feeling of releasing the past 12 months and embracing the future that lays before you: unmarked, untracked, fresh powder (which, when you live up in the mountains, is a glorious sight!).
In the weeks after the New Year, that enthusiasm can wane. Resolutions don’t automatically incorporate themselves into your daily rituals. The shift you desire isn’t as easy as you first thought.
But never fear, I’ve got you covered. In this season of new beginnings, I am introducing a revitalized rhythm to my content, a theme for each month, corresponding to a particular area of your life.
This focus will enable you to dive deep into the areas of your life you may very well be interested in improving… allowing you greater clarity and renewal--which is what we all yearn for... what feels within our grasp in these optimistic first days of the year.
In Feng Shui we utilize a Bagua Map that outlines 9 areas (or guas) of life. Each area of life corresponds to an part of your home, in which you can intentionally set up your space to reflect what you want in that area of your life.
By focusing on one area at a time, you can pinpoint, with laser-like focus, exactly what is working well for you, and what you’d like to shift, to transform.
Within each area, we will visit the
- CLEAR INTENTIONS necessary to achieve your desires
- FENG SHUI BASICS to allow flow and inspiration
- EASY TIPS to implement into your home & life today
- MINDSET SHIFTS that highlight the ways in which you hold yourself back
And all kinds of useful bonuses in between!
We will systematically move through each area of your life to uncover where you hold yourself back and what you can do in your space to allow ease and rejuvenation into your life.
This very first month of the year, we dive into the Journey & Career area of your life and home.
Your life’s Journey is your starting point, how you entered into this world, your final destination AND the path you take along the way. It relates to your Career and work, but the real transformation comes when you take the wider perspective, seeing your passions and how you utilize them.
The first step in delving into your Journey & Career is to get crystal clear on what you want in this area of your life.
So take a moment--right now, tonight just before you go to bed, or first thing in the morning when you are fresh and unencumbered--to dream-big and journal on the following questions:
- In an ideal world, what do I want out of my career?
- In an ideal world, what do I want my life’s journey to look like?
- How does it FEEL when I have achieved what I want in my career or journey in life?
Don’t let yourself get mired down by the ‘hows.’ Let yourself dream. Feel your big desires.
They feel good, right? They should.
When you allow yourself to dream, to picture your ideal situation, you are taking the first step towards realizing those desires… even though you have no inkling how you’ll get there!
That’s it. It seems easy, right? Good. That’s how it should feel.
This is the PERFECT time of year to lay out your intentions with clarity.
GET EXCITED! No really, go do a little happy dance, or pump your fists in triumph. This is the start of an amazing year, one in which you will do your utmost to be HAPPY right here in the present moment, finding gratitude in life, just the way it is.
Here's to BIG DREAMS & allowing yourself to achieve them,
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO THIS MONTH:
- Make your work life easier & more productive: the Feng Shui basics
- How to set up your work-space for success: An exclusive re-airing of my interview with Feng Shui expert Salvatore Manzi
- Up-level your life’s Journey & Career: an all new Tip Sheet catered specifically to what you can easily do in your home and life to improve your Journey & Career
- Are you holding yourself back from achieving your greatest ambitions? Mindset hacks to identify what limiting beliefs you hold.